Friday, October 4, 2013

Breakage


I was pumped. I was doing things on the playground that I hadn’t done for a long time. I was having fun on the playground during choice hour. I was remembering that I liked to jump over the slides for fun in third and fourth grade.

 

I got ready to jump. I started to run and I felt the wind against my face and the sides of my body. I was going really fast. I jumped over the light green slide… and I made it! Again and again, I went over the slide. On my fourth run it felt like I was going even faster than before. I ran, jumped, and tripped. I fell on my elbow. I got up in about a minute and slowly hobbled forward because I didn’t want to hurt my elbow even more.

 

I went over to the picnic table where the teacher was sitting.

 

“I think I might have hurt my arm a little” I told her

“Really!  Do you need to go to the office?”

“No, I think I’m ok”

 

I sat there for a while, but my arm still hurt. It seemed like hours, but the teacher finally said “you can go in now

 

I went inside my house on Wednesday. My dad was not suspecting anything out of the ordinary. I came home and I said to him “Hey dad, my arm is kind of hurting.”

 

“It is!?”

 

“Yeah it is”

 

“Well, what did you do to make it hurt”

 

”I jumped over a slide” I whispered.

 

”You what”

 

I gained up my courage to tell my dad what I did. ”I jumped over a slide”

 

“Oh oh oh no” My dad shook his head from side to side.

 

Dinner was a sad one. We all ate in silence. I barely touched my plate of scrambled eggs with hot dog slices. My sister went to my dad and said “I don’t think I want to go to gymnastics”.

 

“Why” my dad asked.

 

“Well, it’s just because of Ryan coming home with his arm hurting. I don’t feel comfortable doing all of the flips and turns that I normally do with Ryan like this”.

 

“ok” that’s fine

 

“Is it still hurting Ryan?”

 

“Yes”

 

”Well then we’re going to have to go to the doctors”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

                                                                                                                                                     

No comments:

Post a Comment