Monday, October 14, 2013

Waterslide Wonders



“Hey guys, do you want to go on Mountain Scream next” I asked the rest of my family. It was the middle of the day at Dollywood splash country in Tennessee. It was a warm day, so that’s why we were at the water park. I was on a vacation with my family there. We were coming off a tube slide and we were going to go on to Mountain Scream, one of the scarier slides.  At the top there are three body slides. Two are in the dark, and one other one is in the light, but it is going almost straight down.

I was a little scared, but I had gone on waterslide as scary as this one in the Bahamas last summer called the Abyss. I was going to go on the one that was in the light first, and then go on the green ones that were in the dark. We waited patiently in line. I was very anxious. I didn’t know if I was going to like it or not. I asked my Dad “could you go on the slide first”

“Of course” he said

We got onto the deck where the slides were. We kept waiting. I felt like my head was going to burst with the anxiety of it all. Finally, it was my turn. I got into the waiting platform. The water rushed harshly onto my legs from the pipes on either side of the slide. I saw my dad at the bottom of the slide holding a thumbs-up symbol. I knew my dad; whether it was good or bad my dad would be putting up the thumbs-up symbol.

The lifeguard said “Ok buddy you can go”

I looked one more time down the slide. It looked very steep. I told myself you’ll be fine, and then went down the raging waterslide.

The waterslide was so fast that all I felt was my back against the slide and water rushing all over me. I was in a state of calm. I also was having lots of fun. With the water rushing against me, it was a break from all the schoolwork that I did before summer came.

Soon enough the waterslide was over. I got out of the bottom of the slide slowly. My whole body was jiggled from the ride. I walked slowly and carefully to my parents and sister waiting. ‘I did it!’ I kept telling myself. I accomplished what I had wanted to do.

“Good job!” My sister said. “I saw that you were a little scared up there”

“Yeah, well I did go on the Abyss last year.”

We started walking to another, more moderate slide. Inside I was proud of myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment