Thursday, November 14, 2013

Criterion

I did criterion today. Here is my work.



"Guys wait" my dad said

"Why" we said

"I think I see some black bears up ahead. Keep whispering. If we don't bother them, they won't bother us" he said

My family and I were coming back from a trail that went to a waterfall in The Great Smoky Mountains in Tennessee. There was a bridge on the waterfall where you could walk across and look at the waterfall up close and I got my shoes soaked through.

So now, with soaking wet shoes and socks, we were walking back from the waterfall when my dad  noticed some black bears around the corner of the trail.

"Wow" I said

There were five babies that were coming across the dirt road along with a mom. I knew that I had to keep quiet or else we were all toast. The sleek black fur of the mom bear was as black as night and it looked as shiny as a new paint job on a car.

I felt like the mom bear had a quiet leadership, and that if we did anything to harm her we would get very injured.

The five minutes that we were standing there felt like 5 hours instead. I felt I had to sit still and do nothing for that amount of time. I couldn't do anything; I felt my life depended on it.

After a few minutes, some people came up the other way on the path. We started doing bear impressions so that they would get the message that they would have to wait a little before they would be able to cross.

After a little more time had passed, they started to go down the hill on the other side of the path. 'Wow' I thought to myself 'those are really steep sides, I wonder how they get down them'. 

My dad started to walk forward. "Get back here" my mom said "there's still a baby bear out there and I would expect that the mom is going to come back for it.

The baby bear went down the hill after the mom and the other babies. "Whew" my sister, my mom, and I said

After that amazing experience, we continued down the path. 'wow' I thought 'that was cool' That was really important to me because it was a really amazing experience that I don't think I will ever get in my life again.

No comments:

Post a Comment