Tuesday, May 27, 2014

AHW

I was up to bat, last inning, 1 out. I go up to bat. the pitcher raises his arm and I put my weight back. Boom. It hit the catcher's glove. "Strike" I heard the umpire say. Another pitch. Again, pitcher raised his arm and I put my weight back. I took a swing. It was terrible. I was using my hands and the bat kind of just galloped along like a horse. "Strike". I knew I was in a tough situation, but I put myself calm and said if I struck out, everything was going to be alright. Pitcher raises his arm. I put my weight back. I swung and I hit it! Next thing I knew was I was going to first base as fast as I could and all of a sudden I was jogging back to line up to say good game while everyone on my team was coming and patting me on the back or hitting me on the helmet or doing something else in encouragement. I was soon saying good game to all of the people on the other team who I didn't know and I was jogging back to the dugout to get patches. Our coaches give out patches for people who do good or people who are leaders. They gave out victory patches which means you won the game. Then came the individual awards. The coach said "Ryan: Lightning. That was a great hit for a game winning hit" Everyone was cheering and I gave out some fist bumps.

No comments:

Post a Comment